Tuesday, December 20, 2005

giRL friends

Back when I was in school, I can always count on my girl friends to cheer me up on a bad day. They're always there to listen and to keep you company. I remember all the long drives we had and the late nights and early mornings we spent just talking and goofing around the beach or rolling down a football field. We always cover up for each other so no one gets in trouble and we always have a place to run to escape reality - even if it's just for a couple of hours. I've always been the oldest in the group so I used to be the driver who drives them home when they party too hard and are drunk. There are times that they tell their parents that they're with me when in fact, they're on a date, and their parents would call me looking for them. They shared with me their secrets and stories and I've learned so much from them. I feel fortunate that I didn't have to make the same mistake someday.
My friend Cei-jey used to live with her parents in Concord until she decided to share a condo with his brother in Walnut Creek. Her dad is such a sweet guy and he retired a few years back. He always have a project going in their garage. Every Christmas, her dad lights up the whole block with all these fancy Christmas decors that he puts up in front of their house. Colorful Christmas lights frame each corner of the house. Santa's sleigh and his reindeers lit up the top of the roof while a bright-green holiday spaceship holds down his reindeers' leash, next to the brightly-lit chimney. Then, there are lighted gift boxes, animated reindeers and polar bears, and all those fancy holiday ornaments that illuminates in the dark night. Their fences are like military perimeter lines with red laser lights. It's awesome! People drive here from different places just to check it out. They even leave donations in his mailbox! Can't wait to see what he's cooking up for next Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment