Monday, February 4, 2008

2008 Year of the Rat: SF Chinese NY Parade, Gung Hay Fat Choy!


February feels like another New Year. I don't know what it is with this month but it's usually the time of the year when I drill my head really hard to brainstorm on what to do different the coming year. Hopefully, I'll be more focused and relaxed this year. It bothers me how much time and energy I put into unnecessary things: budgeting to save a penny or two (which leads to excessive scavenger hunt for bargains), getting too organized, starting ideas that leads to nowhere (at least for now), over-analyzing things, and constantly looking things up as far as investments, real estate, career paths, programs, etc. I think I should just focus on saving money for now and not get too worked up with the stock market or how I should go after foreclosed or rental properties. I think that people should really invest in their own happiness, spiritual and personal growth, health, career, friends and family. Everything else should comes second. Easy to say - hard to do but worth the try. A friend emailed me some inspirational quotes, which I think I should follow this year:

A sharp tongue can cut my own throat.

If I want my dreams to come true, I must not oversleep.

Of all the things I wear, my expression is the most important.

The best vitamin for making friends is to ... B1.

The happiness of my life depends on the quality of my thoughts.

The heaviest thing I can carry is a grudge.

One thing I can give and still keep is my word.

I lie the loudest when I lie to myself.

If I lack the courage to start, I am finished!

One thing I can't recycle is wasted time.

Ideas won't work unless "I" do.

Mind is like a parachute... it functions only when open.

The Ten Commandments are not a multiple choice.

The pursuit of happiness is the chase of a lifetime. It is never too late to become what you might have been. Life is like a sentence. You can always start a meaningful one.

Friends are like balloons; once you let them go, you might not get them back.

No comments:

Post a Comment