Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Prayer T-shirt Project


Whenever I take Bart or any public transportation and whenever I see an interesting shirt, flyer, or billboard, I can't help but check out what it says. With the rapidly changing world and diminishing moral values and people losing spiritual meaning in their lives, I thought that for Lent, it will be great if I can make a Prayer T-shirt. When people read the prayer, they get to pray as well. And maybe, it will give them a chance to stop, think, and be thankful for what they have. Hopefully, it will bring them that light-hearted, warm feeling that we usually experience when we solemnly pray. No matter who you offer your prayers to, it will remind anyone to reflect. Either way, it's better than wearing a shirt that says "Mrs. Timberlake".
Right now, I'm trying to put together a good design for my prayer t-shirt. It's a shirt with the "Lord's Prayer" at the back and a Tagalog or Spanish version in front and on each side of the shirt is the name of the prayer "Padre Nuestro" or "Ama Namin". I hope I won't get in trouble with other religion / denomination. When I called a shirt screening / printing place, they quote me $105 for a shirt or $120 for 10 shirts. This is for just a basic white shirt with black font (sizes don't cost extra). Fortunately, I was able to find more people to buy the shirt with and also someone who may be able to make the shirts at a cheaper prize. They're devoted Catholics and they thought that the prayer templates will be great for future fund-raising events. That's great but at this point, I just really want my prayer shirt. So, I surveyed other options such as Kinkos, Walgreens, and other shirt-printing places that make company give-away shirts. The cheapest way that I've found so far is to find an iron-on decal. Now, I just really need to find a good graphic template to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment