Wednesday, November 14, 2007

the Other Way

Last Sunday, I was listening to a song called "the Other Way". It reminds me of a saying that goes, "Don't look back, you're not going that way". It's true how painful memories linger and still affect and get the best of a person every now and then. It's mostly inner fears, maybe fear to make the same mistake again or just from over-analying things, which spiral into something ridiculous and makes you want to run at the first sign of trouble.

Yesterday, I wrote and delivered a Eulogy for our deceased FASEA president Maria Padua Fontanilla. It's funny how we share the same middle name. I thought that it will be hard to write a eulogy for someone I do not know that well. But, after hearing everyone else's Eulogy, I was glad that I had a chance to tell the world how good she is. I talked to some of her close friends while writing the Eulogy and that's how I learned that she was such a kind and generous woman who have helped many. I also realized how short and fragile life is and how we can be immortal through the memories we leave behind. When we do good to others, they will never forget that and at the same time, you please God for living your life according to His will. It's nice to have an "assurance" that whatever it is that's waiting for us afterlife, it will be a good one... Whether you call it Karma or Reincarnation, I know that every good things that we do will be rewarded both here on Earth and in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment