Sunday, November 11, 2007

Rough November


Last week, I was at my friend's house in dowtown San Jose after watching Mason Jennings at the Blank Club. Then, Sunday morning, I was at Carmel and attended a mass at Mission San Carlos (the fourth Mission we've visited). Carmel-by-the-sea reminds me of one of Thomas Kinkade's paintings. I love the Cyprus trees, the tide pools, and the whole scenery at the 17-mile drive to Pacific Grove. The light house, Monarch Butterflies' Sanctuary, and the Lover's Point at Pacific Grove was awesome. Then, I had dinner at a sports-diner place called Britanica Arms in Monterey after walking the downtown shops and areas and checking out the Fisherman's Wharf. It was foggy and misty that night. I remember hearing the sea lions and the yachts but not really seeing them since even the lights are blurry from a distant.

This week has been a little rough for me. Our FASEA (http://www.geocities.com/jptablante/FASEA.html) president died early this week and I was not emotionally ready when it all happened. Then, my bike got stolen that night. Thursday, I got toxin-poisoning from a cold can of coffee that I had for lunch. It's so ironic how something that you like so much (ex: coffee) can hurt you real bad. I felt alone that night while I was in pain and having a fever. Can't call my mom because I don't want to worry her. My dad dropped by but he can't stay because of my step-mom. It's amazing how I was able to pull myself together the next day to go to work. Thank God I started throwing up that morning, and ofcourse, it's the coffee I saw and smelled in the puke. I threw up on a biohazard bag in one of the labs where no one is around to hear me. The third time I threw up was after the lunch time FASEA meeting and I think that did it. I still feel weak that Friday night but I thought that I owe it to myself to go out with some friends. Unfortunately, I didn't like the new crowd they brought but overall, it was a fun night.

Today, I went to Napa and Sonoma with couple of my friends. It was a little misty and foggy in the morning but it was so perfect, a much needed retreat. It felt like a 6-hour dawn. I was able to clear my head and feel strong. It's nice to breathe some fresh air at Napa. I wish I can take it home with me. On our way back, we stopped by Pinoy Pinay at Vallejo and met Jeffrey Quizon, Filipino celebrity and son of famous comedian, Dolphy.

No comments:

Post a Comment